free stats Carmen's Web: South along the coast
Saturday, June 25, 2005
South along the coast
Went off to Sitges today with Cheryl, Jerry, and Kristen. It's a small little town about half an hour away from Barcelona with broad, sandy beaches and small, narrow streets. It was so nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of Barcelona for a day. It's been really hot here for the past couple of days. Last night I was drenched in sweat and could not sleep a wink. It was so uncomfortable. I had to get up twice to change my shirt. It was unbearable. This morning was really bad as well...the cool breeze from Sitges was like a gift from God.

We arrived around two and had a quick bite to eat at a Mexican place where, for the first time since I've been to Spain, I actually understood the Spanish. Navigated my way through the menu like it was second nature! They were playing some bachata as well ;)

Headed towards the beach after and just lounged around all afternoon. The water was really nice and cooled us off when the sun beat us to death. We went off to a restaurant by the water around six where we found this little gem:



Yes, it's wrong that I whipped out my camera to take a picture of an innocent man just standing in the middle of the beach, minding his own business. And yes, if Jerry were the one who took out a camera to take a picture of a woman we all would have probably given him a dirty look, but look...look closer...how could you expect me NOT to capture this???

Thoughts shared by Carmen at 9:53 PM
| link to this post
| 0 added their 2 cents worth! |