free stats Carmen's Web
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
I started this course with no real intention to teach afterwards. CELTA was supposed to challenge me...it was supposed to force me to confront my fears, push me farther than I was ever pushed. I was going to do the course, play around in Europe for the rest of the summer and probably return to NY and start career planning. I am now seriously considering teaching EFL. I've had so much fun the past couple of classes. Have relaxed so much more. I'm still nervous as hell, but get a weird adrenaline rush right after I finish my lesson.

Had a career planning session today. Barcelona is a difficult place to find a job, but there are jobs all over the world. It just looked so appetizing! I KNOW how hard it was for me when I first got here. My first couple of entries are testimony to my pain, misery, and alienation. I can't believe that only twenty days later my mind is traveling all over the world. I can't believe that I, chicken shit in front of groups, now want to put myself in front of groups. I WANT to teach!

Then again I'm writing this at lunchtime, about an hour before teaching today's lesson...
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 12:42 PM
| link to this post
| 0 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing