free stats Carmen's Web: Reaping the rewards
Friday, June 02, 2006
Reaping the rewards
Just arrived in Athens after nearly a week of jumping in and out of planes around the country. Will be spending two days here before getting on a plane again to head back to NY (and the real world).

This trip has been amazing so far, and it's definitely well-deserved. Things are finally falling into place and my life is slowly on its way to reconciling itself. This time last year I was heading to Barcelona after having been unemployed for months, unsure of every single thing in my life-career, relationship, everything was up in the air. I went to Barcelona because it was the farthest place from my comfort zone. I was terrified and my first few weeks were awful, but I persevered and the experience totally changed my life. Who would've ever guessed that Barcelona would lead to so many life altering moments (details withheld).

Before I left for Greece last week I received an e-mail from the principal of the school informing me that I was hired for the teaching position I was seeking. It's my dream job. I'll be teaching Global Studies to students who have been in the country for less than four years and have been designated as intermediate speakers of English. I'll be delivering history lessons with an ESL angle. I went on two interviews for this job; I've never wanted a job so badly before. And I've never deserved a job more. It didn't fall in my lap. I worked HARD to get to where I am now and that alone makes this so much more fulfilling.

Thing are just falling into place. And it feels great. More on my Greek trip (with pictures) later.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 12:26 PM
| link to this post
| 1 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing