free stats Carmen's Web: Being in the Hands of an Angry God Leads to Bad Nose Jobs
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Being in the Hands of an Angry God Leads to Bad Nose Jobs
I've recently had a strange aversion to all things religion. I don't think that I've lost my faith (yet), but something's definitely been shaken. I'm trying hard to hold on to something, but that's not the point of this post.

I was on MSN with a close friend of mine earlier today. I hadn't seen her online in a long time so I asked her where she's been, how she's doing.

"I've done something terrible and I'm going through a depression".

Goodness gracious. What in the world could she have done? I was really worried, a little afraid of what I was going to hear.

"I had a nose job last month, and it looks horrible. I look plastic. It's too small for my face. I look horrible S. Horrible"

Phew. For some reason I really, REALLY thought she was going to tell me that she killed someone, ran them over with a car or something. Or that someone gave her an incurable disease. A bad nose job is bad, for sure, but it's not something terrible that one can actually do. (I, by the way, told her not to do it when she asked for advice. She's terribly beautiful and her nose, which she thought was too big, had always fit her perfectly).

We talked back and forth for a while, but then she said something that bothered me a little. She said that she believes that this is a punishment from God and so she deserves this. I immediately told her to relax her face; God doesn't punish people by giving them bad noses. He prefers to conduct his wrath through plagues and AIDS. Not sure if she appreciated that.

I'm sick and tired of people blaming shit on God. I'm sick and tired of people believing that God doles out punishment for some reason or another. Whenever something bad happens to a good person, it's always God testing them. Whenever something bad happens to a bad person, it's God punishing them. This madness needs to stop. God's got plenty of other things to be doing.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 12:18 PM
| link to this post
| 6 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing