free stats Carmen's Web: 25 things
Friday, April 28, 2006
25 things
1. Where were your parents born?
Cairo

2. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Nina Simone's "Funkier than a Mosquito's Tweeter"--this woman is a GODDESS. THIS is what music is all about.

3. What's your favorite restaurant?
Boca Chica, 1st and Houston in Manhattan. The service is top-notch, the food scrumptous.

4. Last time you swam in a pool?
Nearly two summers ago in Dominican Republic, but bathed in the beaches of Spain last year.

5. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yup. I even played the piano once FOR a school play; Chatanooga Choo Choo.

6. How many kids do you want?
I used to want six when I was younger. Then I wanted NONE because who would want to bring kids into this nasty, unsympathetic world? My life was hard enough (hence the title of this blog), but I've gotten over it. I'm convinced they'll never have to go through the same struggles, and if they do, I'll help 'em.

7. Type of music you dislike most?
House. Trance. Anything related to that.

8. Do you have cable?
DVR baby! The greatest invention EVER. I wish life were more like DVR--pause live conversations, fast forward boring ones, erase nonsensical ones.

9. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
No, but when I was in Paris I got on a Vespa parked in the street, just to take a picture. It was exhilarating. Must get me one of those one day...

10. Ever prank call anybody?
When I was in high school. Called some deli owned by an FOB Egyptian and asked him (in a panting voice) if he sold any condoms. Stupid. But I was in high school and one of our (my friends and I) favorite pastimes was irritating Egyptians.

11. Ever get a parking ticket?
No. Speeding yes.

12. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
God no. I don't have the heart for it.

13. Furthest place you ever traveled (from NY).
Lebanon.

14. Do you have a garden?
No. I wish I could have a garden and plant Jasmines (my favorite flower) and other pretty flowers, but I hate worms. I'd probably need to hire a gardener.

15. What's your favorite comic strip?
Calvin and Hobbes.

16. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Shower, usually evenings, always after the gym. I used to treat myself to a bath once a week when I was in training, but haven't taken a bath in ages.

17. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
"Shirley Valentine"

18. Favorite pizza topping?
Pineapples

19. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
Treated my brother to a birthday dinner at Cafe Henri in Long Island City.

20. Favorite type chocolate bar?
Anything white.

21. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Nope. I did have to wear one for six years while I was in Catholic school.

22. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Pads

23. Ever throw up in public?
Once :( I had a little too much to drink at the resort in DR that I was staying in. I was by the pool, a little depressed (long story), had four Yellow Birds. The sun was beating down on me, the water made me feel like I was floating in space, and as I was being led back to my room I tried my best to hold it down, but I couldn't :( Managed to wait till I was away from people though. It was quite a struggle holding it in. It's good to know that even when I'm intoxicated I remain in control of me.

24. What message is on your answering machine?
I've got the default T-mobile message. I hate the sound of my own voice.

25. What is in your purse?
2 wallets, cell phone, mp3 player, pens, lip gloss, keys, and one week's worth of papers that I still need to grade.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 10:49 AM
| link to this post
| 4 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing