free stats Carmen's Web: Friends indeed
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Friends indeed
I tend to hibernate over the winter. I never leave my house except to either go to work or make my way to the gym (sometimes). I don't see my friends, I rarely (if ever) get my lazy ass off my couch. I do DO things. And it's not that I'm anti-social. It's just that I get REALLY lazy in the winters. I put on weight, stop fitting in my clothes, and hate going out as a result.

So when Toots called me this morning to go to Union Square, my first instinct was to say no. But then I realized that I hadn't seen him in over a month, which is pathetic considering how close we work to each other. And today was also the first beautiful day of the year. The temperatures were high, the sky was clear, the sun was out...I decided to STOP BEING LAZY and actually go out into the world with one of my best friends.

And it was a GREAT day. We went to Forbidden Planet and browsed through the newest comic books, spent HOURS in Union Square just sitting and talking (well...we weren't really sitting...I made him stand. See, I hate rats. And the last time I lounged around on the grass in Union Square I was approached by two rats. So I REFUSE to do it anymore. He wanted to sit on the grass, like all other fellow New Yorkers were doing. I refused. I won.)

When his ass couldn't take leaning on the railing for another second (I, of course, don't have this problem), we started walking and ended up in the Lower East Side before heading on home. We met at 4pm and left at 10pm, not even realizing how quickly time passed.

Friends are the greatest thing in the world.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 11:56 PM
| link to this post
| 0 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing