free stats Carmen's Web: Winterless Winter
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Winterless Winter
We're supposed to hit 70 degrees today (20 or so for my celsius friends). 70 during a month where the maximum average temperature should be around 40 (4 celsius).

This has been the warmest New York City winter I can remember. Four years ago I literally froze my ass off on January 10th. It was so cold that day, icy cold, and I was convinced that all my extremities were going to break off. It's one of the reasons I hate winter and wish I could migrate south like the birds every year. So far we've only had four icy days since the start of our winter.

Trust me, I complain not. I'd much rather have this kind of winter than our usual one. It's a little worrisome with regards to the ozone and all, but since I can't do anything about it at the moment I'm going to take myself into the city and enjoy what will probably be the warmest day of winter.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 9:42 AM
| link to this post
| 9 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing