free stats Carmen's Web: My Own Private Christmas
Monday, December 25, 2006
My Own Private Christmas
My brother and my mother went off to Canada last Friday for Christmas break. They wanted me to leave with them, but I really wanted to spend Christmas with the boyfriend this year. Plus, they were driving. Ten hours in a car gets me fidgety, so I'll be joining them tomorrow via plane.

So I thought that today, Christmas, would be spent with the boyfriend. I had all these elaborate plans in my head; breakfast, play in the city, maybe catch a movie. Basically I thought it was going to be an "us" day. But, as per a routine rut we have managed to get ourselves into, it's not going to happen. He called a little while ago to cancel the breakfast we were supposed to have at his sister's because he forgot that yesterday some of the guys agreed to have breakfast together and catch a movie. A boys' morning. He said he'd call me after the movie.

I'm slightly angered right now because I purposely waited until the 26th to travel so I could spend Christmas with him. So we could enjoy the day together. And while I dont want to deny him fun with his friends, I hate that fun had to be today.

I didn't say anything to him because I didn't want to ruin his morning. Because I don't want him to think that I'm trying to drag him away from friends and family or think that I'm being unreasonable.

I'll tell you this though...this is the LAST time I alter travel plans for him.

Whatever. My morning has been shot, but I refuse to wallow. I'm putting on "Love, Actually" to start my Christmas with a nice treat. I'll then be heading into the city to see the tree at Rockefeller, have a carriage ride in Central Park, and sip something nice at Serendipity, the place where bad moods melt. And when the boyfriend calls I'll let him know about all the fun I had and that I'll see him next weekend when I come home from Canada.

I really need to work on my passive aggressiveness.

Labels: ,

Thoughts shared by Carmen at 10:01 AM
| link to this post
| 6 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing