free stats Carmen's Web: Blog Tag
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Blog Tag
Been tagged by Herlock and N...

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with its content and look?
Definitely satisfied with its look...took a long time to get it that way. Pretty content with the content.

2) Does your family know about your blog?
hahahahhhahahhahhahahahahha!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE IF MY FAMILY KNEW ABOUT MY BLOG!!!

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
I've let a handful of friends know about my blog. I'm definitely not embarrassed about it. I mean, the point of me having started this blog was to keep in touch with them while I was frolicking in the streets of Spain last year.

4) Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I'd say yeah. It's nice to read that other people go through some of the same struggles. Very few people I know actually like to talk about their problems or issues. Blogging allows people to be anonymous and they can then share certain things they would never dream of sharing.

5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
When I was unemployed I spent hours and hours reading strangers' blogs, but now I've got a select few that I'll read. You've got to have a lot of free time to read unsolicited blogs.

6) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
I'm visually impaired. I always have a hard to visualizing things. It's because of the linguistic intelligence thing.

7) Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
I think there is. It's definitely time consuming, but it's a great way to keep in touch with people.

8) Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
If one didn't interact with events one wouldn't have anything to write about.

9) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
I hate criticism, especially if it's not framed right.

10) Do you fear of some political blogs and avoid them?
I hate politics, hate political discussions, and think they're a waste of time.

11) Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Nothing surprises me. Ten years ago at AUC there were rumors that some students belonged to a satanic cult. There was practically a witch hunt against anyone who wore black t-shirts and listened to alternative music. Nothing surprises me.

12) Do you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
I think this blog will die before I do.

13) What do you like to hear? What's the song you like to put its link in your blog?
I'd probably change the songs depending on my mood, but it would definitely include:

Anything by the goddess Nina Simone ("Mississippi Goddam" is one of the greatest songs in the world).
Anything by Mana.
Any and all Bachata.
Any and all Merengue.

14) Five bloggers to be the next "victims"?
First five people who read this and want to do it.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 3:33 PM
| link to this post
| 4 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing