free stats Carmen's Web: Spring Forward
Monday, March 12, 2007
Spring Forward
I'm the kind of person who, when traveling, suffers from severe jet lag. It's one of the reasons I'll never visit Egypt for just a week. Most of that time is spent sleeping all day and tossing and turning in frustration all night. It takes about a week or two before my internal clock catches up with my environment.

I know a lot of people who are able to reset their internal clocks and I've always envied them. Me, I can't do that. I'm addicted to my creature comforts - mess with them and you mess with your life. Toots gave me this shout-out once:

"Fierce...like a snarling wolverine, especially if you slight her a) gender b) friends c) the weak and the ugly. The plus side is you know she has your back. What's intriguing is that she's as sweet as a hostess twinkie and just as soft...if you can ever get past the snarling wolverine bit. Generous to a fault, curious mind and all about her creature comforts: mess with her food, her sleep or her head and she will engage 'cranky' mode and you'll be sucked in like a fishing boat in a whirlpool...
"

So when daylight savings hits and my internal clock gets screwed with, I'm a pretty unhappy person. Daylight savings crept up on us yesterday, three weeks ahead of schedule. I hate it. Hate it. I love the longer days, but I hate what it does to my bodily rhythm. Couldn't get to sleep at all last night. I usually try to get to bed by 11, but 11 last night was really 10 and so I was tossing and turning till nearly 3! It drove me crazy! Woke up at 6am, which my body still recognizes as 5am. The crank was on all day long.

Right now I'm EXHAUSTED. But it's too early to sleep!! If I get myself into bed right now I'll toss all night. Grrrr.
Thoughts shared by Carmen at 10:59 PM
| link to this post
| 3 added their 2 cents worth! |


Who: Carmen

Mini-Bio:
xx-something egyptia-yorker who's spent over half her life stuck in two worlds not of her own making. unable and unwilling to fully embrace one identity over the other, she created (is trying to create) her own place in the world where people love each other unconditionally, irrespective of artificial boundaries, and where dancing merengue is as necessary to life as breathing air.

Want more? Click here!

You can email me here



Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing